The Dixie State University Student Association Academic Senate prepares students for future endeavors by funding student-driven initiatives, enhancing educational opportunities, and serving as a liaison between faculty and students.
The Dixie State University Student Association Student Senate is a body of student representatives from the 8 major academic schools on campus. Their purpose is to support the student of Dixie State University in any and all academic endeavors. Senators can help obtain funding for students to further their academic pursuits such as research presentations, conferences, capstone projects, focus events, academic interest trips,etc. As the representative body of the Dixie State University Student Association, the Student Senate is the mouthpiece of the student voice whose recommendations reflects and advocates the students’ collective interests in advancing the mission of the University. The senate also adopts and proposes implementation for at least one student-driven academic initiative a year.
How to get involved
To find out more about Senate, stop by the Student Involvement and Leadership Department on the second floor of the Gardner Center office 227. Senate meetings take place in Conference Room D in the Gardner Center Thursdays at 4 p.m., and are open for all students to attend. If you need to contact your senator in order to obtain funding, contact information is provided below.
- Vice President of Academics: Warren Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senate Administrative Assistant: James Kener email@example.com
- Business Senator: Jordan Farrer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication Senator: Sarah Folks email@example.com
- Humanities and Social Sciences Senator: Kendra Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math and Biology Senator: Madalynne Fedoruk email@example.com
- Health Sciences Senator: Malcom Maxwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education and Integrated Studies Senator: Ashlie Scott email@example.com
- CIT Senator: Eric Gubler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fine and Performing Arts: Celeste Dixon email@example.com